Professional Motorcycle Training in Aberdeen and the North East of Scotland

licence check

licence check

If you’re thinking about completing a CBT or a 4 day intensive course you will need to check your licence to ensure that you have the correct provisional entitlement.

If you want to ride a scooter or motorcycle with gears with an engine capacity of no more than 50cc (maximum permitted if you are between 16 and 17 years of age) you will need Provisional ‘P’ entitlement.

If you have already applied for and received your licence you will automatically have this. It will either be on your paper Counterpart licence or on the back of your Photocard.

If you want to ride a 125cc (17+) or larger (21 and over) you will need to have Provisional ‘A’ Entitlement.

If you have the older style pink paper full driving licence you will automatically have this.

If you have an old style green paper provisional licence (Form D51) you will need to make sure you have valid ‘from and to’ dates for Provisional ‘A’ Entitlement.

If you do not or the Category ‘A’ from and to dates are asterixed out you will need to apply for a new photocard licence with Provisional ‘A’ Entitlement will normally be under the Provisional Entitlement box on the paper counterpart part of your licence. It is sometimes also found on the back of your photocard.

Biketec Motorcycle Training